Blooms Issue 4
In Issue 4 (August 2015)
- ConeflowerWith fantastic new flower colors and forms, this old favorite has lots to off er.
- DeadheadingThere are plenty of good reasons to snip off spent flower heads. And there are many ways to go about it, as well. Here’s our easy-to-follow guide.
- Spikes add excitementPlant a few spiky flowers in your border and see how much livelier it becomes. Meet 15 great candidates for sun and shade.
- Shady show-offLet these 10 plants transform a shady area into a late-summer stunner. We’ll show you how in our exclusive plan.
- Bold bloomsBig flowers and bright colors might just be the hallmark of late summer. Here are three of our favorites.
- HostaWith beautiful fl owers and an endless variety of leaf patterns and sizes, hostas are shade garden favorites. But did you know there are some that even grow well in sun? Meet these and see some fantastic shade varieties, as well.
- Orange accentThis charming container has classic fall colors, but it’ll look good all summer, too!