Garden Ideas Issue 5
In Issue 5 (August 2015)
- Asian inspiredAdd balance to your garden — and probably the rest of your life — when you incorporate the key features of a well-designed Asian landscape.
- Out of space? Garden up!From dressing up blank walls to bringing color up to eye level, vines are garden must-haves. We’ll show you how to choose the right one (and structure) for your needs.
- Saving seedsThere’s no more economical way to get new plants than to collect and start your own seeds. Learn how here.
- Great ideas for waterWater features soothe moods and bring in wildlife. Which type should you put in your garden?
- Create a better viewSee how one gardener made over a backyard when the view beyond the fence wasn’t as good as it used to be.
- Grow a bouquetHere’s a plan for a garden so colorful, you’ll hate to leave it outdoors when you go in at night. Guess what? You don’t have to! All of its blooms make great cut flowers, too!
- Heat up your retreatLooking to add some evening ambience to your backyard? We’ll help you decide whether you need a fireplace or a fire pit, gas or wood and other things essential to choosing the right fire.
- Have a seatHow can you enjoy your garden if you don’t have a spot to sit and take in the view? Here are 9 factors to consider in choosing and siting garden seating.
- Try this garden idea…Repurpose old furniture in a clever new way.