Garden Ideas Issue 11
In Issue 11 (August 2016)
- Kaleidoscope of summer beautySummer is all about abundance, and that’s what this beautiful Midwestern garden provides.
- Fall cleanup guideNow is the perfect time for garden cleanup. Learn some tips to make it easier.
- What to do nowUse these seasonal and regional tips to get your garden in shape for winter.
- Surround yourselfWhether you want to block unwanted views, muffle outside sounds or just set a cozy scene, these techniques can help you create your own private getaway.
- Give your garden personalityNothing sets the tone for your garden quite like an ornament, whether it’s a humble gnome or an elegant water feature.
- Floating shelvesDress up a privacy fence or deck rail with these “floating” shelves.
- Relax in summer shadeA simple and subtle color palette creates tranquility in this New York garden.
- Eat your veggiesJust as you do when you plan an ornamental garden, think color themes in an edible garden.
- Try this garden idea…Create a permanent “rug” on your deck or patio.
- Tuberous begoniaYou can’t beat these beautiful plants for splashing color into a shady garden. Here’s how to grow them.
- HeleniumSunny colors and flowers that continue blooming for months are just a few of the reasons to love this perennial.
- Hummingbird favoritesWant to bring in hummers? These 10 plants are guaranteed to please.
- LigulariaBold leaves and bright flowers make this perennial a shade garden must-have.
- Make a statementThis container just keeps getting better through summer and fall.